Monday, March 19, 2012

Sliding doors--a great solution for a family + a room

I must admit...I get so wrapped up in projects I often forget to concentrate on taking the after pics. I think this is because I am so often referred to my next clients by my currents clients that I do not rely on the pictures to get drum up business. I must admit it is fun to share these spaces with you!

I so appreciate the great word of mouth! So thank you to all of my past, current + future clients for sharing my endeavors. That being said, I will be better about pictures in the future.

I was asked to submit pictures of these sliding doors for a competition. Here are the before pictures, concept pictures and after pictures.

This family room was actually too big! I decided to take some space from this room and create several smaller spaces. The area you see pictured here is a desk niche designed to seat 3 across (as they have 3 girls). As the girls get older and work on their homework and laptops, the parents will be able to help and oversee their Internet activities. When this area is not in use, it may be closed off + their "stuff" may be tucked away.

Before- display niches
Before- family room (display niches right)
Behind these new walls, to the east and west of the desk niche, is a mudroom + laundry bin room. Unfortunately I do not have pics of these areas taken yet...but I promise to get on that! This was a rather large remodel and I look forward to showing you the whole thing eventually.


Above, are some BEFORE pictures with the concept pictures just below them. Are you ready? You are almost to the AFTERS:

concept-niche hidden

concept- desk niche exposed

After


After




After

After- inside niche shot


After- niche hidden
After-niche exposed


After

No comments:

Post a Comment