Monday, January 30, 2012

In the interest of transparency

I am asking for your opinion.

I am presently amassing information on the subject of material transparency. What's that? Basically our need as a community, nation, world to account for what is in our products and their origin (oh, and a lot more.)

What I need from you are your thoughts... on why you would like to see products labeled. Yes, food is labeled, clothes are labeled but not building materials. Why should they be?

I know I have a looooong list of reasons and I can't be the only one. Please share!

Oh, alright, OK, I'll start:

1.  I want to buy local.

If only I could see where the product's resources originate and where they are eventually manufactured. I will then be able to compare products and make an educated decision.

Your turn.

No comments:

Post a Comment