Wednesday, January 18, 2012

A taste for writing...

OK...so I think I'm hooked.

I know I started this blog last year. And by my count, and I'm sure yours, there are few to posts to read!

Well, that is about to change. I have fallen in love with the idea....finally!

It took writing my first column to do so. I'm not sure why. I actually starting writing a book around seven years ago on remodeling. Unfortunately it remains in it's outline form tucked in a manila folder. (That alone could explain why the love did not develop!)

Perhaps a book was too lofty a goal as a novice writer. So until the day I set time aside to pull the book together, I will relish in writing a column + this blog.

I have been reading much on writers, their inspiration, and writing ethics. It was great to see them say not to be afraid to write something bad.

This may seem like an obvious statement. And it is. BUT fear has stopped many in their tracks.

If I started my career as a designer with fears of designing something bad, I would have never designed. Therefore, I will write and apologize for my skills now. They will develop. Please enjoy + share in my journey.

My new column is published in Gig Harbor EDGE, an earth-friendly soy ink & recycled stock publication, about 17,450 mailed copies are going out next Thursday throughout the Peninsula.

I look forward to your feedback.

No comments:

Post a Comment